RSS feed terms and conditions
By downloading or using a University of St Andrews RSS or Atom Feed (the “RSS Feed”) you agree to be bound by the terms of the following licence (the “Licence Terms”).
The University of St Andrews (the “University”) may amend the Licence Terms from time to time and you should therefore review the Licence Terms each time you download the RSS Feed. By using the RSS Feed after such amendment you agree to be bound thereafter by the amended Licence Terms.
Unless stated otherwise, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images and other material within an RSS Feed are owned by the University of St Andrews or its licensors and may not be reproduced without prior written permission.
While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that the content of the University’s RSS Feeds are accurate and up-to-date, all content, services and materials are provided “as is” and the University reserves the right to amend, add to or remove these at any time.
While the University tries to make RSS Feeds available 24 hours a day, it reserves the right to rename, suspend or withdraw access, without notice, to either the whole or part of these services, for any reason.
Subject to these Licence Terms, the University grants you a free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable licence to display on your website (the “Website”) the headlines, links and other information or materials that you select to receive from the University via the RSS Feed (“University Content”).
Except as expressly set out in these Licence Terms, you do not gain any ownership rights over the University Content or the RSS Feed. You may not use any University crest, logo or trademark on your Website without the University’s specific and written consent. Nothing in these Licence Terms shall be treated as giving any such consent.
Relationship with the University’s website terms and conditions
The terms set out in the University’s Website Terms and Conditions document apply to the RSS Feed in addition to these Licence Terms. If there is any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and the Licence Terms, the Licence Terms shall prevail.
Use of the RSS feed
- You may not use the RSS Feed or display any University Content on any Website that displays or contains information in the following categories:
- information that the University considers is likely to incite hatred or that constitutes or encourages discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, religion, political affiliation, social class or otherwise;
- information that promotes, facilitates or condones anti-social behaviour; criminal or illegal behaviour; intimidation; violence, terrorism; vigilantism; or that risks UK national security;
- information that is misleading, defamatory, pornographic or actionable at law;
- You must not pass off University Content as your own or anyone else’s and must ensure that the University is clearly credited for University Content on your Website. Accreditation should be “From the University of St Andrews”; under no circumstances should the University be referred to as “St Andrews University”.
- You must not make any commercial use of the Feed and University Content and must not make any charge (including in-kind) for accessing the University Content and using the RSS Feed.
- You must provide a functional link back to the University website.
- You must not change the University Content in any way, or add any material to it.
- You may use the RSS Feed in a ‘mashup’ application (an application that combines data or functionality from two or more sources into a single application) so long as these Licence Terms are adhered to.
- You must pass on the same Licence Terms to anyone gaining access to the RSS Feed or University Content via the Website.
- Should you receive any enquiries which relate to the University of St Andrews or the University Content you should promptly refer such enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endorsement by the University
Nothing in these licence terms shall be treated as an endorsement by the University of the Website or any material on or accessible via the Website and you must not state or imply anything to the contrary.
Warranty and liability
You agree that:
- you have fully complied with and will continue to comply fully with all applicable laws and regulations;
- the Website shall not contain information that is actionable at law, obscene, pornographic or that may, in the University’s sole opinion, bring the University into disrepute.
- you agree to indemnify the University and keep the University fully and effectively indemnified in respect of all losses, costs (including legal and professional fees), damages, monies paid in settlement and other liabilities whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with a breach by you of the Licence Terms or use of the RSS Feed and University Content.
You may terminate this licence at any time by destroying or removing all copies of the RSS Feed and all University Content from your Website, hard drives, networks and other storage media.
The University may terminate this licence at any time, for any reason without liability to you. You agree to destroy all copies of the RSS Feed and University Content upon receiving notice of such termination.